This page contains information about local organizations and groups that provide assistance to veterans and their families. While there may be no affiliation with the American Legion, it is our intent, in good faith, to notify veterans of the various forms of assistance that may be available.
United Way of Denton County – Project Camo:
Project Camo increases the resiliency of Veterans and their family members in Denton County. People who go through this course will be better prepared with knowledge of the many resources available in our community.
Our program provides this benefit through:
- Military Mental Health First Aid
- Raising awareness of locally available resources
- Increasing Veteran employability on the civilian job market
- Increasing access to Veterans benefits, peer support, educational opportunities, and more
- Eligibility for Veteran-specific emergency financial assistance