On October 26th, National Day of the Deployed annually honors the United States military personnel deployed around the globe. The designation recognizes all the brave military personnel who have been deployed, are sacrificing, or have sacrificed their lives to defend our country. It also acknowledges their families who are separated from them during deployment and the sacrifices they make to afford their family members to serve our country.
Many deployed troops leave their families behind to serve their country. They make the greatest sacrifices to keep their country secure. A few ways to recognize their services include:
- Donate to a military organization like The American Legion
- Send care packages
- Attend ceremonies honoring the military
- Volunteer your time and services to local military organizations
- If you know a military family, ask what support they need
- Offer to support military personnel who have no family